The leading contributors in support of GSA activities in the region are Ericsson, Nokia Siemens Networks and Qualcomm. Programs focus on local market needs and include:
- regular media briefings
- dialogue with the regulatory authority TRAI, and government authorities concerning market opening and development, spectrum availability, etc.
- support to major industry associations in-country, including COAI – Cellular Operators Association of India
- participation in the key conferences and exhibitions as appropriate
- dialogue with GSM/3G operators including through GSA-organised seminars and other events
- providing regular GSM/3G market and technology information updates, Information Papers and Opinion Papers to key industry contacts and decision-makers
(June 2010)COAI - Prospects for 3G in India
Presentation by T R Dua, Deputy Director General, COAI at CommunicAsia 2010.
Free download at www.gsacom.com/gsm_3g/info_papers.php4+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anders Kager is the Regional Director of Marketing, Asia Pacific at Nokia Networks. Appointed in 2003, he holds regional marketing responsiblility for Nokia's infrastructure business in the Asia Pacific region, spearheading both marketing as well as market acceleration activities. He is based in Singapore.
A veteran in the telecommunications industry across different geographies, joining Nokia in Sweden in 1990. Anders worked for seven years in sales and account management, culminating as the Senior Account Manager for Private Networks and New Operators in Sweden. In 1997, Anders moved to work in Asia Pacific and held various senior sales and marketing positions in Malaysia and Japan, including the position of Director of Marketing, Strategy & Business Development for Korea, Japan, Taiwan and Philippines.
Before Nokia, Anders worked with the Swedish State Power. Anders holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. He was GSA APAC Chairman in 2005. Contact Anders Kager by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA at the Exhibition: Hall 11 Stand #237 Conference - Track 1, Access Technologies
GSA Statement - response to TRAI Recommendations on spectrum related issues.